We were sitting with friends having a pleasant conversation one evening. On an issue, a male friend commented " women are women's worst enemies". A woman friend concurred while I protested that this was not true. I was given examples by both of how mother -in- laws illtreat daughter-in laws; mothers discriminate between son and daughter , how women bossess do not promote women colleagues and son on.
I argued that anyone who has power and is also not emotionally and spiritually evoloved will misuse power, and this is not a gender thing .Men back stab each other in work places , abuse and rape women ; and are also castest and racist. Men do it to each other and to women aswell. the same can be said about women - when ever they can . For example patriarchy gives a woman power when she has a son and later when he marries.She may then misuse power.
My friend insisted that if a woman has suffered , why is she not compassionate to another woman. I answered that suffering does not always lead to evolution, it often creates a dysfunctional personality.
And what about men who have social, political and economic power - they also abuse. You see it is not a woman thing.
But I was alone that evening , and I felt isolated .
Later when my spirit normalised I realised it is ok to be alone - but one should not feel isolated.
I need to overcome this .
Mala
No comments:
Post a Comment